Your Omnia-account ID is the student number that has already been provided to you, for example 70000021.
In addition to an ID, your Omnia student account also includes two Omnia email addresses. You will need these email addresses to sign into other services used in Omnia, such as Office 365 and Moodle.
- a primary email address - email@example.com, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- a secondary email address- email@example.com, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Open in your internet browser: https://oma.omnia.fi/?smsactivation&lang=en.
2. Fill in the required fields and click the Send confirmation code -button.
3. Wait until a verification code is received to the mobile phone number you gave.
4. Type the verification code into the Verification code -field, then click the Begin activation -button.
5. Confirm your information is correct, read and accept the Omnia IT network usage policy, and provide a new password. A password:
- has to be between 10 and 20 characters long.
- contains characters from at least three of the following classes:
- Small letters (a-z)
- Capital letters (A-Z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Dashes and underscores (- and _)
- (Any other characters are not allowed, not even scandinavic characters!)
- may not be the same as 5 previous passwords!
- may not contain your username or parts of your name.
- can be changed only once per day.
- is personal and it is prohibited to share it with a third party.
6. Finally, click the Activate account. -button.
Your Omnia student account is now ready for use in other services such as Wilma, Office 365 and Moodle.