Using the chat in the Zoom Desktop application
1. Click the Chat -button in the Zoom meeting toolbar.
2. Select the recipient. Everyone or a single participant.
3. Type your message in the Type message here... -field. Press the keyboard Enter -button to send your message.
A Zoom meeting chat offers two additional features. These are links and attachments:
Internet addresses starting with “https://” tai “http://” will be automatically converted to working links. Copy-pasted links will also work.
Files can be attached with the File -button.
Consider how others will be able to open the file types that you attach.
Note! Zoom mobile application users cannot receive files via chat
Note! Do not use a Zoom conversation as a material bank. Participants may not be able to access the conversation unless the organiser is already in the meeting, nor does the conversation history remain.
Using the chat in the Zoom mobile application
1. In the Zoom meeting, tap the center of the screen, and then tap the “...” More -button that appears in the lower Zoom meeting toolbar.
2. Tap the Chat –Button.
3. Select the recipient. Everyone or a single participant.
4. Type your message into the New message –field. Tap the paper airplane –button to send it.
To return from the Chat to the meeting view, tap the Close -button.
Internet addresses starting with “www.”, “https://” tai “http://” will be automatically converted to working links. Copy-pasted links will also work.