If you do not have an @omnia.fi or @edu.omnia.fi email address, you are known as a 'guest' users in Omnia's Teams environment. Note that joining a team inside Omnia's Microsoft Teams is at least a 3-step process:
- Accept the invitation by clicking on the Open -button.
- Create a free Microsoft account (you can skip this if have one already).
- Give permission to use your Microsoft account to Omnias Office365 environment.
- Accept Omnia's systems usage agreement.
These steps only need to be done once. Afterwards you will be able to sign in directly to Omnia's Teams environment via the desktop application.
Before you begin:
- We recommend you use a desktop or laptop computer as well as Google's Chrome browser.
- The invitation to a team will come from “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address. Check your junkmail folders if you don't find it.
Accept the invitation
1. Open the email invitation and click the “Open...” tai “Liity..” -button. The invitation language is based on the sender's language. If they use Teams in Finnsh, the invitation will be in Finnish.
2. If you do not have a free Microsoft account yet, and you are asked to open the Teams desktop application at this point, do not! You must complete the steps below before you are able to sign into the Teams desktop application.
Create a free Microsoft account
1. If your email address is not already used in a Microsoft account, you will be prompted to create one. Click the Next -button.
2. Create a password for your Microsoft account. Keep your password safe. Omnia will not be able to reset your password for you if you forget it.
The password must have at least 8 characters, and contain a combination of upper case letters, lower case letter, numbers and special characters. Afterwards, click the Next -button.
3. Set the country or area, and your birthday details. This information will be stored by Microsoft in case you need to prove you are the account owner. Click the Next -button.
4. You will receive an email message from Microsoft, containing a code so that Microsoft can prove you own the email account you are using. Type the code into the "Code" field and click the Next -button.
5. You may be asked to prove that you are not a robot. Complete the task that Microsoft give you and click the Next -button.
This image is an example of a CAPTCHA task. You may be given a different task..
6. If Microsoft offers you to save your sign in details in your browser. Click the Yes or No button to continue.
7. If Microsoft takes you back to the web browser version of Microsoft Teams, click the Continue -button.
Give Mircosoft permission to use your Microsoft account in Omnia's Office 365 environment.
Microsoft requires your permission to use your account in other services such as Omnia's Office 365 environment where the team you have been invited to exists.
1. Click the Accept -button.
Accept Omnia's system usage agreement.
1. You must accept Omnia's system usage aggreement. Read it and then click on the Accept -button.
2. If you are told the invitation acceptance has failed, return to the original email invitation and click the Open or Liity -button again.
3. Next you will be directed to the Omnia's Teams enviroment. Teams will offer you the options to use teams:
- by downloading the free Desktop application, or
- using the web browser version
Downloading, installing and using The Teams desktop application is recommended.