Use Collaborate primarily through Moodle. If this is not possible, Omnia staff may request a Collaborate username and password (from Pete Stockley). If you are not an Omnia staff, your supervisor or contact teacher must request it on your behalf.
Save the following information from the creation process for easy access:
- Collaborate room administration page: bit.ly/collaboratehallinto.
- Your Collaborate room's "access Link" (for your use only).
- Your Collaborate rooms "Guest Link" to share with the students.
1. Log in to the Collaborate ‘SAS’ website: https://bit.ly/collaboratehallinto
2. If necessary, click Sessions in the menu.
3. Click the Create Session button.
4. Make sure that the following are in order:
- The name of the web room
- Guest access is on (you will not receive a guest link until after clicking the Create button)
- Guest roles as desired (Participant or Presenter)
- No end (open session) is on (so you can use the same room throughout your whole course)
5. Click the Create button to get a user link (for you) and a guest link (for students). Note that some guest link says "guest".
6. Click the gear icon and make sure the web room settings are correct:
- “Allow recordings” are turned off.
- Share audio on (to allow students to activate microphones)
- Share video on (to allow students to activate webcams)
- Post chat messages on (to allow students to use the room's chat)
- Turn off “Draw on whiteboard and files”
- “Allow attendees to join the session using a telephone” turned off so that students do not get expensive phone bills if they call to the Collaborate room.
7. Press save to save the changes.