In the Collaborate web room, recordings can be made by those with the Moderator role.
All participants in the web room will be notified when the recording starts, and participants who enter the web room will be notified the recording is already in progress.
The recordings can be found as an .mp4 file afterwards, so it's easy to edit, share or even watch on your mobile device.
How to start and stop recording
1. In the Collaborate room, click the Open Session Menu button.
2. Click “Start Recording”.
3. The recording icon will appear in the session menu, as well as notifications for participants.
4. To stop the recording, click the open session menu and click Stop Recording.
How to find a recording made in Moodle.
Students are automatically granted the rights to view Collaborate recordings in the Moodle workspace.
1. In Moodle, go to the Collaborate activity
2. Recordings can be found under the Join session button by clicking on the recording link.
How to find a recording made outside of Moodle.
1. Go to the Collaborate administration page and log in.
2. Click Recordings in the menu.
3. If the desired recording does not appear, filter the view by a term or search by it a name by clicking the magnifying glass icon.
4. When the recording is found, click on the “Recording Options” (…) icon and click on the Copy link.
5. The link is copied and can be attached to the message. Note that the recording is public (does not require authentication).