As a teacher in the Moodle workspace, you create a Collaborate room in the same way as other Moodle activities.
Note that student permissions to using a microphone as well as sending chat messages are off by default until you manually set them on within the web room in the settings.
1. In the Moodle workspace, click the Turn editing on -button in the Managing tools -block.
2. In the desired section, click the Add Activity or Material button.
3. Select “Collaborate” and click the Add button.
4. In the ‘Session name’ field, enter the name of the web room. Change the ‘Duration’ setting to ‘Duration of course’ so the room is open throughout the course.
5. Click the Save and return to course -button at the bottom of the page.
How to create a guest link in the same room
This is not recommended. Always instruct students to go through Moodle to the online room. Note that this feature will also not work if groups are enabled in your workspace.
1. Go to the settings for the Collaborate activity.
2. Check the "Allow Collaborate guest access" box.
3. Set the "Collaborate guest role" setting to "Participant".
4. Click the Save and View button at the bottom of the page.
5. Copy the guest link and share forward. Note that the link reads "guest".