Attention! If you call into the meeting as a phone call, you will be directly charged for this and this is your own choice to do so. The cost of the call (to Helsinki) is defined by your own contract rates.
You should check these two settings each time you access the Collaborate virtual room.
- It is a good idea for both teachers and students to always make sure their microphones and webcams are working at the beginning of the session.
- The teacher should ensure that the session settings: Share Audio and Share Video, are enabled.
How can you verify that your microphone and webcam are working?
1. Click the Collaborate panel.
2. Click My Settings.
3. Click open Audio and Video Settings. Then click Set up your camera and microphone.
4. This opens a 2-step sound test. In the first step, you must you choose the correct audio device so your voice will be heard in the Collaborate room. The purple bar moves if your voice can be heard.
5. In the second step, make sure the correct webcam is selected and the camera source is displaying correctly.
How do you check that Collaborate session settings are OK?
If you are a teacher ("Moderator" in Collaborate), enable the following session settings for students.
- Share Audio. (Allow students to activate microphones.)
- Share Video. (Allow students to activate webcams.)
- Post chat messages (Students can use the chat feature in the room.)
- Draw on whiteboard and files. (If you want students to draw on the whiteboard in the Collaborate Virtual Room.)